I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Monday, May 19, 2008

The Hold Steady almost killed me

The Hold Steady have their newest album all wrapped up. Stay Positive is due out on July 15th on Vagrant, and the first single "Sequestered in Memphis" is out this Tuesday on iTunes. To help ease the sting of waiting for their follow-up to the absolutely brilliant Boys and Girls In America (2006), I've gone down a few rabbit trails and come up with the following live versions of new Hold Steady songs for you to wrap your ears around:

NEW HOLD STEADY: SONGS FROM "STAY POSITIVE"
Stay Positive
(live at Emo's 2008)

Constructive Summer
(live at Emo's 2008)
Lord I'm Discouraged
(live at Toad's Place, 2007)
Magazines
(live at the Metro, 2007)
Joke About Jamaica
(live at the Metro, 2007)

ZIP: NEW HOLD STEADY SONGS

Also for your reading pleasure, UNCUT Magazine blog posted a very positive early review of the overall feel (with some strong lyrical excerpts), while The Music Magazine UK also published a track-by-track review.

I'm excited as all get out about the summer tour which was announced Thursday. Presales are on this weekend, with several ending Monday night. The Hold Steady still put on one of the most ebullient live shows I've seen. Go buy your tickets now.

HOLD STEADY SUMMER TOUR
07.17 - Cleveland, OH - Beachland Ballroom
07.18 - Pontiac, MI - Crofoot Ballroom
07.19 - Chicago, IL - Pitchfork Festival
07.21 - Madison, WI - Majestic Theatre
07.22 - Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue
07.23 - Fargo, ND - Fargo Theatre
07.26 - Seattle, WA - Capitol Hill Block Party
07.27 - Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom
07.29 - San Francisco, CA - Mezzanine
07.30 - Los Angeles, CA - Avalon
08.02 - Tucson, AZ - Rialto Theatre
08.03 - El Paso, TX - Club 101
08.05 - Dallas, TX - Palladium Ballroom
08.06 - Austin, TX - La Zona Rosa
08.08 - Oxford, MS - Proud Larry’s
08.09 - Athens, GA - 40 Watt
08.10 - Charleston, SC - The Pourhouse
08.12 - Carrborro, NC - Cat’s Cradle
08.13 - Norfolk, VA - The Norva


[t-shirts here]

Labels:

8 Comments:

At May 19, 2008 4:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If they're not back over here by the end of the year I will WEEP OPENLY, although I suppose getting to see them twice in February means I shouldn't complain.

So very excited for this album, which I suspect will sum up my life to this point even more so than its predecessors.

 
At May 19, 2008 6:52 AM, Blogger another day full of dread said...

It seems like great minds think alike,but I was first :).Look here:

http://anotherdayfullofdread.blogspot.com/2008/05/blog-post.

Great blog,greetings from Greece !

 
At May 19, 2008 6:59 AM, Blogger another day full of dread said...

http://anotherdayfullofdread.blogspot.com/2008/05/blog-post.html

Here (to be precise)

Translation: Uncut's review almost killed me,etc

 
At May 19, 2008 5:35 PM, Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

Constructive Summer reminds me of Husker Du's Celebrated Summer, as performed by Bruce Springsteen. Needless to say, I love it.

 
At May 19, 2008 5:38 PM, Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

And apparently, the Uncut reviewer shares my opinion. I swear I didn't read that before I wrote that comment.

 
At May 20, 2008 8:30 AM, Blogger Jamoo said...

Uncut has you flagged for some reason:

"403 Forbidden
Please stop referer spam.

We have identified that you have been refered here by a known or supposed spammer.

If you feel this is an error, please bypass this message and leave us a comment about the error. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you are actually doing referer spam, please note that this website/b2evolution no longer records and publishes referers. Not even legitimate ones! While we understand it was fun for you guys while it lasted, please understand our servers cannot take the load of all this cumulated spam any longer... Thank you.

Also, please note that comment/trackback submitted URLs will be tagged with rel="nofollow" in order to be ignored by search engines."

 
At May 20, 2008 1:11 PM, Blogger heather said...

What, Jamoo?

 
At August 18, 2008 12:07 PM, Blogger Michael Lubenow said...

Looks like the links aren't working. Sadness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter