I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

you gots to pay the piper

It's a beautifully sunny 75 degree day here; perfect for fun and frolicking, a cruel masking of the fact that it is actually Tax Day for Americans. As I lick the envelope to the $255 check that I owe to the State of Colorado (which I nearly forgot about), I wince.

This tune makes it sting a little bit less. Not much.

Mr. Taxman (demo) - Weezer

Labels:

2 Comments:

At April 15, 2008 6:08 PM, Blogger Russell said...

Yeah - but where are they leading you? Money is a cruel master and its status in our lives is disproportionate to the time we have to be here in. Probably not a potential song lyric....

 
At April 15, 2008 7:14 PM, Blogger Raul Valdez said...

I feel your pain, Heather. Dropped my $504 check in the mail to the State Of MI. Think of it as money that was earning you interest for 12 months

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter