I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Friday, April 11, 2008

You do something to me that I can't explain

Oh, Feist, you do it again. I simply adore the first listen of this cover with my favorite Canadian songstress (clearly a close winner over Celine) and The Constantines. They take the Bee Gees & Dolly Parton/Kenny Rogers guilty-pleasure song that I admittedly love to sing along with, and reconstruct it as something that is breathy, ethereal, and almost sad.

I give it a serious bravo.

Stream: Islands In The Stream

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At April 12, 2008 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The weakerthans and Sarah Harmer do a great cover of this as well.

 
At April 13, 2008 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather,

Hey, it is cold and gray today in the Midwest. We had snow flurries the other day. But I know Spring is just around the corner. I am jonesing for a I Am Fuel Mix to get me into that Spring, renewal, poppy happy sorta mood. Can you help a guy out Heather?

Kev in STL

PS Looks like you've been able to catch some great shows lately.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter