I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

As the mercury climbs :: Coachella 2008 Mix

After taking care of some business in the San Fran climes, I am packing up and heading south to (hot) Southern California to cover the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival. Oddly enough for a California native, this will be my first time at the fest. I am excited for the many great bands I plan to hear, while simultaneously terrified of the waves of heat that I've been told will descend on me without mercy. After 3 years in Colorado I've gotten spoiled; it rarely gets above say 70, 75 here. So pray for my sweaty, sunburned soul.

In the meantime I've pulled a 30-song mix together of acts that will be appearing at Coachella this year. The set times were announced today, and with so many conflicts, organizing seems futile; I just plan to close my eyes and walk towards a stage at random.

COACHELLA 2008 MIX
Total Fucking Madness - Carbon/Silicon
Steady As She Goes (acoustic) - The Raconteurs
Bang On - The Breeders
Lake Michigan - Rogue Wave
A-Punk - Vampire Weekend
Slow Show - The National
Say It Now - The Swell Season
Avril 14th - Aphex Twin
Thou Shalt Always Kill - Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip
A&E - Goldfrapp
100 Days - Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
Amazon - M.I.A.
Red Wine, Success! - Cold War Kids
Better Than The Rest - Murs
Transliterator - DeVotchKa
The Way That He Sings - My Morning Jacket
Ain't No Reason - Brett Dennen
I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You (The Twelves remix) - The Black Kids
Sunday - Sia
D.A.N.C.E. (original EP mix) - Justice
Mercy - Duffy
Lovely Allen - Holy Fuck
I'd Rather Go Blind (Etta James cover) - Man Man
Creeper - Islands
Volver a Comenzar - Cafe Tacvba
Love In Our Hearts - Electric Touch
My Radio (AM Mix) - Stars
(Shake It) Over and Over - Hot Chip/Diplo
Lady In The Front Row - Red Kross
The Sweat Descends - Les Savy Fav

COACHELLA 2008 ZIP


And, if you want to listen in on the madness and feel like you're there, go buy some pricey beer/frozen lemonade, crank the heater up to 102, and stream Coachella 2008 live on AT&T Blueroom starting Friday afternoon.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At April 22, 2008 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coachella, how I can't wait for our rendezvous this coming weekend. Heather, I guarantee after this weekend, you're going to become a regular to this festival. I'm going on my 5th straight, and it's simply an amazing experience. Enjoy!

Mano (manoh04@yahoo.com)

p.s I'll be at the Sunday lineup, hope by chance I can recognize you somewhere, you're really cool to share music on your blog :-)

peace....

 
At April 23, 2008 3:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crickey. I've just been listening to your summer mix, (internet is a bit slow in the southern hemisphere,) sounds damn fine. kbaithn.

 
At April 23, 2008 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

have fun and drink lots of water.

 
At April 23, 2008 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

as if we're not already jealous of the rock & roll lifestyle you lead, now you are off to coachella! enjoy, can't wait to hear all about it.

 
At April 23, 2008 5:55 PM, Blogger Yon said...

Thanks for the mix : ) It's always a joy to hear your selections.

Take care,
Yon

PS: The Swell Season was the album, Glen Hansard & Markéta Irglová were the artists.

 
At April 23, 2008 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the Coachella line-up shows two Sunday performances by "Sean Penn," both of which are on Sunday. The first is in the small Gobi Tent from 2:10 to 2:40. The other is on the Main Coachella Stage from 6:45 to 7:00pm, immediately before My Morning Jacket.

It is strongly rumored that "Sean Penn" is actually Eddie Vedder, who will be performing with both his good friend Sean Penn, as he did in Los Angeles, and his other good friends My Morning Jacket, as he did at last year's Lollapalooza.......

 
At April 23, 2008 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the mix, heather. hope you have fun at coachella!

 
At April 25, 2008 5:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice, nice , nice , nice mix....listened to it all day long.

 
At May 16, 2008 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

please please please repost zip before my heart breaks into a trillion pieces :(

 
At May 21, 2008 1:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Upcoming gig in Barbican theater London - 3/06/08. Sold out! One of very few this year in UK...
Someone's flogging tickets on e-bay...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter