I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

New Spinto Band :: "Summer Grof"

Yeah, we're not gonna pretend to know what a grof is. Sounds like something from a Harry Potter book? Or perhaps forgotten slang for pubic hair. Either way, it doesn't appear to have English roots.

But that does not mean that this new song about it from Delaware indie-powerpop outfit Spinto Band can't play a starring role on your next brightly-hued summer mix.

From their blog: "The video was conceptualized and directed by one Albert Birney. We shot the whole thing in Tom and Sam's parents backyard, then ate a huge feast and celebrated birthdays and played board games and guitars until we forgot why we even got together to begin with."



I saw Spinto Band at Noise Pop 2007. Dudes were into it. They put on a very fun show. They've been on the road with The Whigs and Tally Hall in support of their forthcoming release Moonwink.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 26, 2008 10:55 PM, Blogger The Rules said...

"Summer Grof" is simply "Frog Remmus" spelled backwards. A frog's remmus is quite similar to an Emit Remmus.

On a completely non music-related note, this video brought back a flood of childhood memories. Namely, the reason I gave up on water balloon fights. We'd spend an inordinate amount of time filling water balloons, and then in the heat of battle, they'd either explode in my hand as I hurled them, or bounce off my bone-dry opponents. Love it!

 
At December 29, 2008 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

summer grof backwords isnt frog remmus, its fORg remmus,

let me stun you with my blazin wallet


dis wun 4 da homiez

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter