I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

New Old 97s :: "Dance With Me"

Like a spontaneous tango across the floorboards of some dusty Texas bar, this new tune from the Old 97s combines fuzzy electric twang with a definite latin flare. I don't know how to tango, but this song makes me feel like maybe I could figure it out -- if Rhett leads, I'll follow.

The first new album in four years from the Old 97s is due May 13th on New West Records, and will be called Blame It On Gravity.


Dance With Me - Old 97s

Labels:

7 Comments:

At March 05, 2008 12:07 PM, Blogger zh. said...

New Old 97s! Wooooooooo!!! *jumps up and down* What a great year this is turning out to be.

 
At March 05, 2008 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE OLD 97'S !!!!!

The new song sounds great. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

sml1771

 
At March 05, 2008 4:16 PM, Blogger Kurt C. said...

This sounds like Old Old 97's, which is a very good thing.

 
At March 05, 2008 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell yeah. And finally "the One" makes it on to an album.

 
At March 06, 2008 8:16 AM, Blogger craiye said...

Mmmmm

I like it.

I swear I was just searching for new Old 97's info a week or so ago and came up dry. Thanks Heather!!

 
At March 06, 2008 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen them live and they put on a great show. Check them out if they come to a city near you.

Kev in St. Louis

 
At June 13, 2008 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out their new music video for the song "Dance with Me". It is hilarious. Sci Fi geek goes on a kung fu rampage through a nightclub to get an autograph from Tricia Helfer of Battlestar Gallactica. This guys lays a serious smackdown.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter