I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Strange times with the Black Keys

Coming from the swampy, minimalistic fuzz-blues background of the Black Keys' past work, the decision to have Danger Mouse (Gnarls Barkley, Gorillaz) produce their upcoming album sounded so surprising, so fresh. I had a hard time picturing what that would sound like. Now I have some idea, and I am even more excited:

Highly recommended: Stream the new Black Keys song "Strange Times" over on their MySpace.

Well, that feels spacey, crisp, and dirty all at once. I would post the mp3 but it looks like other bloggers have been asked to remove it (plus, it's for sale on iTunes) and I don't need to go lookin for woe.

Attack & Release is out April 1 on Nonesuch, and there's a bunch of tour dates coming up.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At February 23, 2008 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

w00t, w00t - April 9th in Denver.

 
At February 23, 2008 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great band, saw them open for PJ in Berlin 06. Sounded huge on the stage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter