I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

New Jim Noir :: "Don't You Worry"

Jumping a decade ahead from the sunny early '60s feel of his excellent Tower of Love album (2006), the first listen from the upcoming Jim Noir 2008 self-titled release has a bit more psychedelica and golden shimmer to it. You can almost picture the shiny happy people twirling and spinning on the Berkeley streets to this one, while Noir muses about a relationship gone to crap:

"If you don't want to be with me
what do you expect me to be?
Don't you worry, I'll be fine
"

Don't You Worry - Jim Noir

Jim Noir is out April 8 on Barsuk, features a spaceman on the cover, and the opening track is called "Welcome Commander Jameson."
If he's talkin to the whiskey, while in outer space, well then I like Jim even more.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At February 28, 2008 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooooh I'm totally diggin' this! Thanks!!!

I could use some Commander Jameson myself.

;)

 
At February 28, 2008 6:10 PM, Blogger Luke Mikalis said...

It's the best song on the album (and it's not even on the album). This was put on so many mixes last year that I made for people and, without fail, it was the song that was always mentioned after.

 
At June 17, 2009 9:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow great stuff, never heard of this guy before. Your blog is great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter