I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"On Your Sleeve" :: New covers album forthcoming from Jesse Malin


According to the Jesse Malin website: "New record out April 2008 on One Little Indian Records in the UK and Europe, 'On Your Sleeve.' Full-length studio album of covers from Elton John to the Hold Steady, 14 songs plus 3 bonus iTunes tracks. Stay tuned for details."

Iiinteresting. I don't know what he's putting on it, but I would guess that this is the Hold Steady cover, and two other tenuous possibilities below:

YOU CAN MAKE HIM LIKE YOU (HOLD STEADY COVER)
Jesse Malin at Vintage Vinyl 3/20/07



3 Martini Lunch (Graham Parker cover) - Jesse Malin
Questioningly (Ramones cover) - Jesse Malin


Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At January 23, 2008 3:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO EXCITING. When I interviewed Jesse last year he had mentioned that he'd been thinking about a covers album - hence his reworking of "Bastards of Young". But I didn't think it was something that was still being considered!

 
At January 23, 2008 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet he includes Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves. How weird and cool would that be?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter