I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Nothing but pills and ashes under my skin

Okay so no pills actually under my skin, but I have been feeling a bit ashy and blah, so I saw this 7-day detox/cleanse diet where I eat like a vegan rabbit, drink lots of water and tea, and in seven days I feel cleansed and refreshed. I'm passing on the, uh, recommended colonic, but might get a massage on "Peak Day" 4.

Here's a scan.
Anyone crazy enough to go through this with me?
I'm starting in the morning.

And yes, you read that correctly. No coffee. Therefore I'd like to offer a preemptive apology to anyone who comes across my path for the next seven early mornings. I'll try to be cheery, I will. I guess I'll be so pumped with flavonoids and B-vitamins that I'll feel like superwoman . . . right?

Toxic Girl (David Whitaker String Arrangement) - Kings of Convenience
Vegetables - Beach Boys
Rehab - Amy Winehouse
Toxic - Britney Spears
I've Got To Be Clean - Guster


6 Comments:

At January 20, 2008 10:27 PM, Blogger boyhowdy said...

Great call on the Guster -- one of the best Sesame Street covers out there.

And good luck with the coffee withdrawl. We're all rootin' for ya, Heather.

 
At January 21, 2008 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the colonic really is what would make it all worth it. and would actually make the coffee withdrawl perhaps lessen. I'm just sayin... sometimes it's "go big or go home" ;)

 
At January 21, 2008 10:01 AM, Blogger heather said...

OK Anon, I think I still am too wimpy, BUT....you win for the best comment on my blog in a long time.

 
At January 21, 2008 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol - going big could be either good or bad...

Count me in - for the modified version as well. Also, I don't know what the new greens powder is. Herbal teas, fruits, quinoa - I can do for maybe a day. Maybe I'll go for the 2-day plan. I'll try, Heather - it's all I can do..

 
At January 21, 2008 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! no meat!

good luck detoxing :)

 
At January 21, 2008 10:45 PM, Blogger heather said...

Thanks drew.

And sirensong, I don't know what the new greens powder is either. I did go to Whole Foods today and stock up on some weird tonics and such. Other than a dull headache all day, I actually feel really good already. you can do it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter