I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Loving the new Travis video: "New Amsterdam"

Scottish rockers Travis (yep, we interviewed 'em back in December) have just debuted a lovely video for their song "New Amsterdam." This springtime-fresh tune is one of my favorites off The Boy With No Name, and was featured prominently on my own little NYC mixtape, so it's laced with fond memories round these parts.

The humble and distinctly impressionistic video is directed by artist Gary Rough, who definitely brings that artistic/montage eye to this love song to New York City. Remember, New York was once New Amsterdam (why they changed it . . . I can't say):

TRAVIS: NEW AMSTERDAM


[thanks Kevin]

Labels:

3 Comments:

At January 17, 2008 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice reference at the end... i love They Might Be Giants!

 
At January 17, 2008 10:47 AM, Blogger Pete P. said...

Oh, I think New Amsterdam is a bit of a surprise choice for a single... Battleships would've been more obvious.

By the way, how great is the "hidden" track ("Sail Away"?)at the end of New Amsterdam on the album?!

 
At January 18, 2008 3:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(people just liked it better that way..)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter