I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Into The Wild demos from Eddie Vedder

How in the world did I not consider Ed Vedder's Into The Wild soundtrack album when I made up my best-of 2007 list? I think it's a richly nuanced, evocative collection that's perfectly suited to the weight of the film - you can read my thoughts on it here. Since the finished product is so grand, I was very excited to discover that some of his work-in-progress demos for the soundtrack have made their way onto the internet. Enjoy.

INTO THE WILD DEMOS
Guaranteed (Humming version demo) - Eddie Vedder
Guaranteed (demo 2) - Eddie Vedder [full lyrics jpg here]
Hard Sun (instrumental) - Eddie Vedder
No Ceiling (demo) - Eddie Vedder
Rise (demo) - Eddie Vedder
The Wolf (demo) - Eddie Vedder

ZIP:
INTO THE WILD DEMOS

These are from the excellent new Pearl Jam b-sides site http://www.gremmie.net/bsides/

Also -- a music video from Eddie? If you haven't seen it yet:

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At January 09, 2008 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danke für die schönen Songs. Danke für alle schönen Songs.
Boris Grabowski

 
At January 09, 2008 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know it may be an inappropriate time, but it's about pete yorn, and how can pete yorn ever be inappropriate? haha

i've read about a couple of songs that i can't seem to find anywhere including "panic" and a rock version of strange condition. do you have any information on this?

ps nice site

 
At January 09, 2008 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One word, "huge!" Thanks for the tip.

 
At January 09, 2008 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh this is great, thanks!

 
At January 10, 2008 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the demos they are great ....big pj fan here, your site helps me not just listen to Pearl Jam.

Also, wasn't aware of the other PJ site thanks!

Keep up the good work.

Chris

 
At January 10, 2008 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also love this album and left it off of my best of list too. It is at http://dynamicmeter.blogspot.com/.

Thanks for your blog!

 
At January 10, 2008 10:20 AM, Blogger Daniel Kalbach said...

I agree that the 'Into The Wild' soundtrack was quite good, I wouldn't second-guess yourself too much about dismissing it from your year's best.

After all, it only clocks in at about thirty minutes in length.

 
At January 10, 2008 12:25 PM, Blogger The Blot said...

This is fantastic! Thanks for the heads up...what a great collection of PJ demos.

 
At January 10, 2008 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eddie has lovely penmanship.

 
At January 10, 2008 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great stuff. Just got the album and it is a great listen.

Any chance you've come across some old PJ stuff, like the 1992(I think) MTV Unplugged?

Would love to get a hold of that.

Thanks for the songs!

 
At January 15, 2008 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are great, Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter