I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Guitar & piano instruction with Cactus Larry and the Wild Bunch

I had every intention of not mentioning the slew of ridiculous videos that Ryan Adams is putting up on his YouTube page because, well, even if his hair looks exceptionally nice in all of them, they leave me a little perplexed about the wisdom of leaving computer video-editing software within reach of those with too much time on their hands. I mean, those wicked crystal ball effects are cool and all, but . . . what?

But then tonight this new video he posted a few hours ago made me laugh. Out loud, starting with the opening lines: "This here is a gee-tar. And the first thing you need to know is . . . you have to fret it, up here is the frets. Now when you're frettin stuff . . ."

Ryan writes as description, "an instructional video based on the one Brad will NOT STOP PLAYING on the bus. i love brad. he could kick my dungeon all over the evergreen otherworld but he is my bro.
no content here reflects any ex girlfriends in any way
."

GUITAR and PIANO instruction


Anyone read lips? He looks pretty dang forlorn at the end (like a puppy), I think saying something about "baby." I am going to ask my deaf friend Rima to translate.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At January 20, 2008 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure he's just saying what you heard earlier, while he was playing piano, about holding the guitar like you would hold a baby...don't beat the baby...

...alright."

-Mary

 
At January 21, 2008 2:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know he broke up with his girlfriend quite recently? Some of the, let's just say, less lucid videos have been coming across as a response to that.

Ryan Adams: 15 year old boy with a LiveJournal. I love him.

 
At January 21, 2008 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alternatively, I could not skim your posts at work ;)

 
At January 21, 2008 2:58 PM, Blogger Dave said...

It takes every ounce of journalistic restraint in my body to not post every single one of these.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter