I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Gladly going down with the Damnwells ship

This song popped into my inbox recently from lead Damnwell Alex Dezen, and maybe it's just the cold grey skies that are causing me to post two melancholy tunes in one day, but I'm feeling this one.

Alex makes it sound easy the way he crafts these humble aching love songs with his acoustic guitar, and puts his soul behind it. The Damnwells will be back in the studio come February, with Alex saying "it's going to be the record we should have made long ago." I don't know what that sounds like, but I'm glad to hear that there's more music forthcoming from this earnest, shining talent - the two years since Air Stereo already seem interminable 'round these parts.

Down With The Ship - The Damnwells

Labels:

6 Comments:

At January 30, 2008 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I. Have. Been. Dying. To. Be. Able. To. Down.Load. This. Song.

You're amazing! Eek I'm so excited to finally have it. Grazie!



-Mary

 
At January 30, 2008 6:38 PM, Blogger The Alden said...

Thanks for championing the Damnwells so much; it's through your blog I found their music and (as I scrape together change to purchase Air Stereo) have been happily gathering mp3s to sate my appetite. Excellent, excellent stuff.

 
At January 30, 2008 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Absolutely amazing, these guys are. Thanks so much for the album news, I hadn't heard that reported anywhere else. I wonder who the lineup will be for this album?

 
At January 31, 2008 4:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am another who is so glad that you got me into this band! Looking forward to downloading this song later.

 
At January 31, 2008 9:08 PM, Blogger Jerkwheat said...

fantastic song - Glad to see other blogs championing the Damnwells

 
At September 11, 2008 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for posting these songs. the damnwells are amazing. any other info on the new album? it's been a while since your post... and i've been waiting patiently!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter