I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Monday, December 24, 2007

Had to be good for Santa Claus: Pearl Jam 2007 Christmas single

In all my years of collecting the Pearl Jam Christmas singles, I can tell you for a fact that the annual 7" has never arrived on Christmas Eve, in the purple twilight, with snow dancing all around me.

I stopped by my mailbox a few hours ago on the way back from last minute grocery shopping for the Christmas dinner I am making tomorrow. As I stood there shivering, fumbling the key with my frozen-in-two-seconds fingers, I got a fantastic Christmas present in plain brown wrapping, stamped "Ten Club" in the corner. As every year, my heart began to thump as I savored the slow unwrapping. Most years we use the term Christmas single loosely because it turns out to be a Presidents Day present or an Easter gift. But for 2007, Ten Club -- your timing was impeccable.

Merry Christmas, guys.

Santa God - Pearl Jam
Jingle Bells - Pearl Jam



Thanks to DropTheLeash for the audio rip and SYM

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At December 24, 2007 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At December 24, 2007 10:59 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

Thanks Heather! I wish it were snowing here in Houston like it is in the Springs.

 
At December 25, 2007 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh this is just perfect! Thank you, Heather.

Merry Christmas, everybody! :)

 
At December 25, 2007 9:25 AM, Blogger Asian Kid A said...

thanks! this rules, am thoroughly enjoying the Paul McCartney live show as well! merry christmas!

 
At December 25, 2007 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks and a Merry Christmas to you and yours

 
At December 26, 2007 12:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

haven't received mine yet. been awhile since we've seen some original tunes for the single.

 
At December 26, 2007 3:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Heather! Thanks for the good times: waking up, drinking some coffee and reading Fuel Friends. There's no better way to start the day!

 
At December 26, 2007 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank YOU again and again!!!

I just recently found your website again and realized I never listened the PJ singles, so I made my husband a CD for an early Christmas gift (he has them on vinyl)... and also shared it with my FIL. So on Christmas Eve we all got a chance to listen (prior to 2007)... and now I'm back for more (2007)! I've even shared your website with them so they can become readers themselves!!!

Merry Christmas!

 
At December 27, 2007 2:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, thanx for being so generous.
btw, i think 2006 single is left out cause u didnt receive it on time last year : (
thanx for all this dedication
Pearl Jam are proud of you !
and so we are xoxoxo
wish you a lovely new year

 
At December 28, 2007 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best X-Mas single in years. McCready's "Jingle Bells" should be a holiday standard. Thanks!

 
At January 01, 2008 6:58 PM, Blogger jwardell said...

Thanks for posting these for us fans without record players. :)

 
At January 04, 2008 4:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Mine just arrived today, and it was such a surprise because lately I've been forgetting about Pearl Jam. I even got an email reminder about my 10C membership dues coming, and I still didn't even think about the xmas single; what a surprise! Thank you so much for providing the mp3's for those w/o turntables. Happy New Year!

 
At March 20, 2009 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the Christmas singles. A real treat. I lost my tracks during a move many years ago. So many gems.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter