I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

One last gasp at warmer days

So, did I tell you I am going to Hawaii in January? Yaay. A relative is getting married on Kauai so I'll be boarding a plane for eleven million hours and then living the island lifestyle for a good six days or so. Meanwhile in Colorado . . . little flurries of snow tentatively started falling last night (winter seems to be delayed this year which is okay with me) so I am bracing myself for colder days from now until then. Before we launch into December and Christmas music and all that, here's one last track for sunnier days.

Island Style (with Jack Johnson) - John Cruz

John Cruz is a legendary Hawaiian slack-key guitarist/musician, and this duet is the closing track on the new Brushfire Records compilation album of laid back live cuts from their roster of, well, really laid back artists.

Thank You, Goodnight: Live Tracks from Bonnaroo and Vegoose
is available directly from Brushfire Records store, as well as from your local indie brick & mortar record store (find your nearest at Think Indie).

THANK YOU, GOODNIGHT TRACKLIST
1. Take You There - G. Love and Special Sauce
2. Wasting Time - ALO
3. Staple It Together - Jack Johnson
4. Songs We Sing - Matt Costa
5. Color Of Your Blue - Money Mark
6. Constellations - Jack Johnson
7. Hot Cookin' - G. Love and Special Sauce
8. BBQ - ALO
9. These Arms - Matt Costa
10. Island Style - John Cruz (Featuring Jack Johnson)


Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At November 28, 2007 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kuaui is GORGEOUS, you will love it. I'm so jealous!

 
At November 28, 2007 5:39 PM, Blogger daryn said...

i'm going to hawaii in january too! My brother got married in maui in 2001, they had their first son baptized at the same church/beach in 2004, and now it's time for son #2 :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter