I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Oasis vinyl winners (or, "Why the Gallaghers are never boring")

Say what you will about Oasis (and believe me, for years I did) but two facts that I find undeniably true about them are these:
1) They have made some stomping rock and roll
2) They are never, ever boring to listen to when they talk (when you can understand them)

The contest I launched last weekend was for folks to provide me with the best Gallagher brothers quote that they know of, with two lucky winners getting the new Oasis song "Lord Don't Slow Me Down" on a 12-inch vinyl. I don't exactly understand why you need all those inches for one song --I thought it was 7"-- but I ain't complaining. Maybe the winners can let me know what the extra five inches are for (that's what she said--sorry, Office joke).

So these winners I picked based on whose quotes made me laugh out loud. Pretty simple.

The two winners are Tony and Christopher:

tony said...

The conversation between Carson Daly and Liam Gallagher on TRL:
Carson - “How are you feeling?”
Liam - “God-like”



Christopher said...

"Some stuff got damaged, a fire extinguisher got let off in the house. As rock'n'roll as I am, you can't be making record with foam all over the fucking place."

- Noel Gallagher, in a Mojo article talking about a 1995 fight between he and Liam in their studio that ended with the 'doors kicked off, the kitchen wrecked, fridges overturned', the guitar player locking away air rifles and both of them 'rolling in the grass, hitting each other with a cricket bat'.



Now that's just good fun. I'd kinda want to be there for that.

A close runner-up was also this one, who might get something yet:

"What would you rather read? 'The guy from Keane's been to a rabbit sanctuary 'cos one of the rabbits needed a kidney implant, so he swapped his with it' — or 'Liam Gallagher sets fire to a policeman in cocaine madness while his brother Noel runs down Oxford Street nude'?"

- Noel Gallagher on why he speaks the truth to the press



And finally, if I were entering my own contest, here is what I would quote:

“I was walking along and this chair came flying past me, and another, and another, and I thought, man, is this gonna be a good night.”
-Liam Gallagher



Thanks for playing, kids.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At November 04, 2007 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh see I had this contest all wrong. I was thinking of Gallagher, the comedian who smashes pumpkins, and then when he got too old his younger brother took over the act.

;)

 
At November 05, 2007 6:28 PM, Blogger Trellick Tower said...

One of my favorites is when Noel was asked something like "what was the hardest part about getting the Step Out single released?" and he said "getting Stevie Wonder to approve the artwork."

(Stevie has a songwriting credit)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter