I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Friday, October 19, 2007

Josh Ritter covers Modest Mouse (!!) and waits for me in vain

I was supposed to see Josh Ritter in Boulder last night but my tire had other opinions about the matter, unfortunately. So I missed what sounds like a fantastic show - a friend who was there just reported back that Ritter covered Modest Mouse's "Tiny Cities Made of Ashes" (!!) -- a tremendous song. Here's a video clip I found from the night before the Colorado show, so I can pretend I was there:

JOSH RITTER: HARRISBURG --> TINY CITIES MADE OF ASHES
(live in Minneapolis, 10/17/07)


Josh Ritter is one of the absolute best performers I have seen, and when I saw him this past August, I was blown away with how good the new material sounded brought to life with a full band.

JOSH RITTER: RUMORS (live 8/1/07)


His very good new album The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter is out now, and here is a triple shot of tunes for free lovin'

To The Dogs or Whoever - Josh Ritter (from the new album)
Rumors (live in Berlin) - Josh Ritter
The River (Springsteen cover) - Josh Ritter

REMAINING TOUR DATES
JOSH RITTER WITH FULL BAND
20-Oct-07 Boise, ID - Egyptian Theater
21-Oct-07 Seattle, WA - Showbox
22-Oct-07 Portland, OR - Aladdin Theater
24-Oct-07 San Francisco, CA - Bimbo's 365 Club
25-Oct-07 Los Angeles, CA - El Rey
27-Oct-07 Tucson, AZ -Plush
29-Oct-07 Austin, TX - The Parish
31-Oct-07 Birmingham, AL - Workplay Theater
01-Nov-07 Atlanta, GA - Variety Playhouse
02-Nov-07 Nashville, TN - Exit/Inn
03-Nov-07 Louisville, KY - Headliners
04-Nov-07 Newport, KY - Southgate House
05-Nov-07 Carrboro, NC - Cat's Cradle
07-Nov-07 Philadelphia, PA - World Cafe Live
09-Nov-07 New York, NY - Webster Hall

Labels:

6 Comments:

At October 19, 2007 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry you weren't able to make it. I am very excited for the show on October 29th! I was listening to his show on NPR last week, he sounded brilliant.

- Neil

 
At October 19, 2007 7:43 PM, Blogger Callie Koch said...

I was wondering if you were at the show last night, Heather. Bummer that you couldn't make it. The show was a great one.

 
At October 20, 2007 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Ritter this past August when he opened for Grace Potter & The Nocturnals - fantastic musician, took me a little while to get to like him, but he's one of my favorites.

 
At October 21, 2007 3:59 PM, Blogger Julie Fanselow said...

Here's my review of Josh Ritter live in Boise, a homecoming concert of sorts:

http://sidewalk208.blogspot.com/2007/10/concert-review-josh-ritter.html

Check him out by all means, if you can. The opening act, Eric Bachmann, was great as well.

 
At October 22, 2007 8:09 AM, Blogger Greg said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At October 22, 2007 8:11 AM, Blogger Greg said...

he DC show is indeed available on NPR, is fantastic, and does include "Tiny Cities." Thanks for the post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter