I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Monday, September 24, 2007

Hot damn I did it! Theater screening in Denver of the new Pearl Jam movie: Immagine in Cornice

Well, this week is shaping up to be significantly better than last. I'm beyond thrilled to announce that I have actually arranged a big-screen showing of the new Pearl Jam concert movie, Immagine in Cornice, THIS Wednesday Sept 26th at the Denver Film Society/Starz FilmCenter theatre! That's in downtown Denver near the Pepsi Center (off 9th and Auraria) and in keeping with our Italy theme, it's very appropriately located in the Tivoli student union building. Couldn't have planned it better if I tried.

Showtime is at 7pm on Wednesday, and it will be a fantastically FREE event. Watch an excerpt from the film here.

Like-minded fans can meet up with us before the showing (say 5:30pm) at Brooklyn's across the street to get in a festive mood. They've got a good selection of beers, plus I think there are pool tables and your usual assortment of very healthy fried foods, also many loaded with cheese. If you think you will come to Brooklyn's first, please email me so I can give them a rough count. This will allow them to have adequate staff there if we all descend en masse.

Come on out and bring friends who like any of the following things:
a) music
b) Pearl Jam
c) Europe
d) movies
e) free things

Here is a poster you can print and tack up to help get the word out on relatively short notice. If you are a student at a college in our area, or know somewhere that you could put some up, please do! Let's make this ferociously awesome.

Rock on, and don't let the bastards grind you down.

[photo credit Kerensa Wight]

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At September 24, 2007 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Steve

 
At September 24, 2007 4:46 PM, Blogger andy grabia said...

Good for you, Heather! Well done. Hope the night is amazing!

 
At September 24, 2007 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is no big deal.

I am going to see "Good Luck Chuck" at the mall on Wednesday. My younger brother works the ticket office and he thinks he can get me in for half price!

Jealous?

 
At September 24, 2007 5:23 PM, Blogger heather said...

Wow Austin, yeah you're right. That might be even better than this.

 
At September 24, 2007 5:50 PM, Blogger Ana Herda said...

I watched it yesterday, I wish it was move like SVT.

 
At September 24, 2007 6:49 PM, Blogger aikin said...

This would have been a lot cooler if you could have arranged a showing in Miami, but have fun anyway....

 
At September 24, 2007 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jealous, I wish someone was doing something like this in Austin. Are you going to see Josh Ritter when he comes to Colorado? I can't wait for October 29th!

- Neil

 
At September 25, 2007 2:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather, you rock! Have a good time :)

 
At September 25, 2007 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes I really wished you lived in the DC area Heather. Good luck with the showing!!!

 
At September 25, 2007 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm...is it just me, or is this austin guy a loser?

 
At September 26, 2007 4:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Heather. Hope you have a great night and that there are plenty of others there to enjoy it with you.

 
At September 26, 2007 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loser? Are you kidding me? I don't think they let just anyone into the Dane Cook Fan Club!

Also, would a loser have a signed photo of Elijah Wood?!?! That is freakin' Frodo, man!

Check and Mate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter