I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Friday, August 24, 2007

Both are good and reckless and true: The Alternate Routes to tour with Roger Clyne

This news just made my day - The Alternate Routes have just announced a fall tour with another Fuel/Friends favorite, Roger Clyne and The Peacemakers! This is most excellent news.

I have been waiting to spring on an Alternate Routes tour since I first learned about them a few months ago, and have been listening to their Good and Reckless and True album non-stop ever since. I'm sold on their expansive, golden, rootsy-rock sound and smart lyricism.

And I think you know how I feel about Roger Clyne; together with his band The Peacemakers, they definitely put on one of the best, heartfelt, sweat-drenched, rocking shows I've seen. Ticket prices range from like $8 to $20 -- an absolute steal for this much heart. I guarantee you will enjoy the show.

Aftermath - The Alternate Routes
I Don't Need Another Thrill - Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers
Banditos (live) - A Roger Clyne song from his previous band, The Refreshments


THE ALTERNATE ROUTES
Fall Tour Dates
with Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers

Sep 25 - Tasty World, Athens, GA
Sep 27 - 8 x 10 Club, Baltimore, MD
Sep 28 - The Iron Horse, Northampton, MA
Sep 29 - Bowery Ballroom, New York, NY
Oct 2 - Hard Rock Café, Pittsburgh, PA
Oct 4 - The Magic Bag, Ferndale, MI
Oct 5 - Beachland Ballroom, Cleveland, OH
Oct 6 - Joe’s Bar, Chicago, IL
Oct 7 - The Annex, Madison, WI
Oct 10 - Fine Line Music Café, Minneapolis, MN
Oct 11- Knuckleheads Saloon, Kansas City, MO
Oct 12 - The Black Sheep, Colorado Springs, CO
Oct 13 - Boulder Theater, Boulder, CO

With Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers
Nov 7- The Bottleneck, Lawrence, KS
Nov 8 - Blueberry Hill, St. Louis, MO
Nov 9 - The Music Mill, Indianapolis, IN
Nov 10 - The Blind Pig, Ann Arbor, MI
Nov 11 - Cambridge Room/House of Blues, Cleveland, OH

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At August 26, 2007 12:18 AM, Blogger The Rules said...

What?! No Texas dates? I've seen RCPM twice now and they put on one of the most amazing shows I've ever seen, and to know that The Alternate Routes are on the Fall roster just makes me drool. I may seriously have to fly out to one of these shows, 'cause this is too much to pass up!

 
At August 27, 2007 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah, no Vermont dates either - I was fortunent to catch them up here when they played a free show in Burlington. Great set, really had some good stuff there. I'd love to see them again.
Your timing's great, I was going to highlight them on my own blog today. I now have additional information to give out.

 
At September 03, 2007 2:49 AM, Blogger -billie jo said...

I just have to chime in with a "I totally agree with Heather" post!

Can't wait for this tour!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter