I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Spoon plays very nice, offers full EP of bonus tunes

The rhythmic & fabulous Austin band Spoon released their 6th album Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga (count how many Gas to put here) on Merge last week, and just because they're nice they also included a full EP of bonus material called Get Nice!. Before I dash out the door tonight, I wanted to put up three tunes off that bonus collection which have been rocking my earbuds nonstop lately -- especially this first one, can't get enough of it:


Buy Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga at your local independent retailer and you just might find they have some of those delightful bonus bundles left.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At July 14, 2007 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thank you very much -- this album is fantastic.

 
At July 15, 2007 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about this awesome deal? I picked up the cd today at Newbury Comics and it came with not only the Get Nice ep but also a 7 inch with "The Underdog" demo and "It Took a Rumor to Make Me Wonder, Now I'm Convinced I'm Going Under" as the b-side. So cool! Too bad I don't own a record player, though this first piece of vinyl is making me think about investing in one, if only to have in case something this random and excellent happens again.

 
At July 16, 2007 4:14 AM, Blogger scottkundla said...

If you buy the album on vinyl you get the record free as a digital download as well; that's the way we get by.

 
At July 16, 2007 11:45 PM, Blogger Nathaniel said...

it was my toothbrush!

shh. come to NYC?!?

do i ever get to see you?

 
At July 19, 2007 12:07 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

Ha! Now I have two versions of Cherry Bomb on repeat... and I can't pick which one I love more. Song of the summer? I think so!

 
At July 23, 2007 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a b-side? really?! but is it only on the vinyl? I'd like to get my hands on that.. just don't know where to get it from..

 
At November 23, 2007 3:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It Took A Rumor..." is on the UK Sister Jack single.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter