I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Coconut Records update

One of my favorite records so far this year is actually an actor-turned singer, which usually spells disaster but in this case spells y-a-y. Jason Schwartzman is Coconut Records (see my previous post here for all the specs) and his Nighttiming album is irresistible. I've gotten this update I thought I'd share, for those of you who like to hold physical copies of your music:

Coconut Records is super-serving fans who want a physical copy of the record. A single pressing of 2,000 discs will each come with a one-of-a-kind, individual Polaroid of Jason. But the rest of the world is going to have to go digital . . . this is an indie rock digital success story.

[PS] Jason's brother Robert is about to release the new Rooney record. A good opportunity for an "if you like X you might like Y" promotion. For those of you working in digital music, "X" is Rooney and "Y" is Coconut Records. "X" can also be any other great record you love. "X" cannot be David Hasselhoff.

Order Nighttiming through Young Baby Records, and while you're over there, check the new video for the song "West Coast" with skateboarding Germans. Doesn't get much better than that.

Minding My Own Business - Coconut Records


Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 04, 2007 12:33 AM, Blogger paco said...

ok, so the pile is huge, there is no order to it and they are everywhere, but there is something about owning a physical copy of music and vinyl feels the best. every once in a while i look over at my stolen (from my parents) and purchased vinyl even though I am currently sans turntable. we can all dare to dream.

 
At July 04, 2007 9:02 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

i love jason schwartzmann's voice. i was always pissed he just played drums in phantom planet, they could have had such an amazing sound if he were upfront.

i've ordered the album, can't wait for it to arrive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter