I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Choose Your Own Adventure, summer edition

It finally cooled off enough today for me to go out for a run just as it was getting dark tonight (almost 9pm, I love the long summer days). There was a humidity in the air, and as I ran facing west, towards the mountains and Pikes Peak, the sky was flaming orange and lightning was crackling electric all around me. Kinda scary, but also very cool.

I had my iPod on shuffle and three great songs came up in a row that struck me as being perfect for my now-completed summer mix. So now, if there were one or two (or three) songs in there that you didn't care for (be it your Steve Miller Band, your Weezer, etc), you can do some customized drag and drop substitutions. All three of these would fit just fine for your summer listening pleasure.

SUMMER SUBSTITUTIONS:
The Best I Ever Had - Chris Isaak (alternate link)
(forgot how much I love that Isaak b-side)
Time Of The Season - Snowden (alternate link)

A note on that last one: if you can get past their repeated flub of the chorus lyrics (it's "time OF the season FOR loviiiiing..."), the beat is insanely good. And the original song is a cultural watershed in my book for being the first time in popular culture that someone posed the all-important question, "Who's your daddy?" Go Zombies.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At June 25, 2007 4:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris Isaak one of this world's undercelebrated troubadours.Top track.

Seen the footage of Iggy Pop at Glastonbury,yet? It must appear on youtube or elsewhere soon - quite magical and unforgettable chaos,comedy and quintessential joy -quixotic,idiotic and 'pop' epic - it'll bring a big smile.

 
At June 25, 2007 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI, as of Monday morning those first two songs don't seem to be working. Can't wait to hear 'em.

 
At June 25, 2007 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the posts aren't working for me either. I esp. want to hear the chris isaak b-side.

 
At June 25, 2007 10:39 AM, Blogger heather said...

Noted, trying to fix it....??

 
At June 25, 2007 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks. The alternate path worked.

Oh, and I've been meaning to ask, do you have anything else by Melanie (of the "Brand New Key" song) that you could share. I can't get her out of my head this past year and I can't find more of her.

Thanks,
'mouse

 
At June 25, 2007 1:41 PM, Blogger heather said...

Mouse, I personally do not have any other Melanie songs, but I dig her voice and would probably like whatever I was able to scrounge up.

 
At June 25, 2007 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you choose to follow the creepy looking butler into the old mansion turn to page 23. If you wish to explore the mill alone turn to page 11. Man those were the days...

- Neil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter