I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

New b-side from Jesse Malin :: Sister Christian (Where Are You Now?)

If you really want to be honest, I think we've all asked ourselves about the current whereabouts of characters from various '80s hair metal power ballads. Jesse Malin is no different than you and I.

This morning he posits the question to all of us: Sister Christian, where are you now? Night Ranger never sounded like this (although the 'Mats did). This is a b-side off Malin's new Broken Radio single (UK), and has that same anthemic rock and roll sound as the rest of the excellent Glitter In The Gutter album. Aside from some incongruous time-shifting in his lyrics here (he is alternately born in 1973, 1984, 1968, 1932) he also manages a few vivid couplets like, "foolin' around in the dark / back from college with carnal knowledge" and talks a lot about rocking - keep on moving, keep on grooving.

The first anthem of my summer.

Sister Christian Where Are You Now (new b-side) - Jesse Malin

Labels:

11 Comments:

At May 30, 2007 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This song has been stuck in my head all day - for which I blame you, but I suppose the fact that it's a damn fine rock song has something to do with it!

 
At May 30, 2007 10:53 AM, Blogger Sbam said...

Malin never misses. thanks so much!

 
At May 30, 2007 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is easily the best b-side from this record, for now. great post, what a treat- this song is awesome, thanks.

 
At May 31, 2007 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhhhhhhhhh

 
At May 31, 2007 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Give me the beat boys and free my soul.....'

Just wanted say thanks for the tip on Love is a Mix Tape - really enjoying it.Album cover art 0n itunes ?Possibly humanises the old digital rock n roll sorrow and LP grief - just reading each linear mix tape list makes me realise the visual side of it is so much a part of recorded music's mystery and glamour.

 
At May 31, 2007 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At May 31, 2007 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

were is Poison's Fallen Angel now....Maybe she's an Admin w/ a few kids?

 
At June 01, 2007 10:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At June 01, 2007 10:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for this...been looking forward to hearing it.

 
At June 03, 2007 1:34 PM, Blogger Jon Taylor said...

This is my new summer theme song.

Awesome pick - yet another reason why I check this blog compulsively.

 
At June 20, 2007 7:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a big Jesse Malin fan and got to this post too late. Any chance you can re-up it?
Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter