I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Ed Vedder with Flea, Steve Jones (Sex Pistols) and Jack Irons: "The Kids Are Alright"

Vedder turned out this past weekend for a star-studded musical evening in Hollywood for Hullabaloo 2007, a fete arranged by Flea of the RHCP to benefit his Silverlake Music Conservatory which helps to provide music lessons for underprivileged kids. Some absolutely fantastic videos of the night have turned up here (thanks for the tip, Bill). Vedder's set also included Driftin', I Am Mine (!!), the new one No More War, and Betterman & Corduroy with Flea and Co.

VIDEO: "The Kids Are Alright" (direct link)



I love how Flea goes pogoing past in the background like that little hyperactive kid in your third grade class that the teacher could never get to sit down. Plus, it's great to see Jack Irons wail again. I think he's my favored drummer in the Pearl Jam pantheon.

The Kids Are Alright (Who cover) - Ed Vedder, Flea, Steve Jones & Jack Irons

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At May 09, 2007 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link Heather. I love the version of Driftin he does.

 
At May 09, 2007 11:32 AM, Blogger Jake said...

have i ever mentioned how happy i am to have found you and your blog? i don't think i would have ever found this song if it weren't for you. i just may be in love!

 
At May 09, 2007 2:23 PM, Blogger Nazz Nomad said...

thanks for this-
great site-

i added you to my blogroll

 
At May 09, 2007 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic. And even better, it's a really well-shot video! Thanks!

 
At May 15, 2007 9:33 PM, Blogger clint said...

Jack is my favorite drummer too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter