I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Colorado gets our own rad music festival

Okay fellow Coloradoans, get yourselves ready for a brand new festival bringing some top notch talent to our scenic red rocks this September 14th and 15th. The Monolith Festival has announced a lineup with several bands I am jumping to see this fall. I am about this close to throwing my hat into the press ring and being there for all this action. Here's who makes my top list:

Kings of Leon [here's why]
Cake [here's why]
Flaming Lips
Spoon
The Broken West
[here's why]
The Decemberists
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Born In The Flood
Gregory Alan Isakov
[here's why]


Full lineup here, with more acts to be announced. Tix onsale June 2. Wahoo!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At May 23, 2007 2:18 PM, Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

u should interview the broken west. super nice guys.

 
At May 23, 2007 3:42 PM, Blogger -tom said...

What Mr. A.D. said. Super nice guys. I'm way psyched to be seeing them for the second time this Friday

 
At May 23, 2007 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad it's the exact same weekend as the Austin City Limits Festival.

 
At May 24, 2007 10:51 AM, Blogger JJ said...

Too cool. Hopefully the schedule works out in my musical likings favor.

 
At May 25, 2007 8:40 AM, Blogger daviso said...

if you've never gone to see the flaming lips. This is your chance to find religeon in rock n roll

 
At May 25, 2007 7:56 PM, Blogger Don't Need Anything said...

i just may get off my butt and come around for this one. and if you havent listened to earl greyhound you really really should.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter