I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Monday, May 21, 2007

The angels love you more :: Broken Radio video

I am still in San Diego today, so no Monday Music Roundup will be coming. I've gotten to speak Italian to a group of folks outside the San Diego Museum of Art, meet a British guy named Usher holding a tiny Pomeranian, bowl and drink beer with my dad, and maybe if I'm lucky I'll get a patdown at the airport this afternoon. Oh, and also I got to see my little brother graduate college, which was awesome.

This video is all the music content I can swing this morning, it's Jesse Malin's new song "Broken Radio," off Glitter in the Gutter, which is really a beautiful tune. It stars Bruce Springsteen and the parts with both of them were just recorded a few weeks ago at Bruce's house/farm/studio in Colt's Neck, NJ:



Jesse has foxy eyemakeup. That's better than mine most days.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At May 21, 2007 9:52 AM, Blogger Ben Lazar said...

Nice video. The non-Bruce parts were shot on Avenue A in the East Village in NYC. Handsome Dick Manitoba of the Dictators makes a nice cameo as a cab driver.

I'm still not totally convinced about Jesse. I like him...but not feeling the love.

 
At May 21, 2007 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful day to be in the East or West Village. I really enjoyed the vocals on this song. Bruce's vocals just get stronger. "The Angels Love You More" is a poignant and lovely sentiment for me.

Heather I was just sending this to you because of your gift of The Damnwells to me! They are touring with Ari Hest. He has a new West Village video of "So Slow" shot in Washington Square. Here are the links to Ari's ATT Blue Room performances of "So Slow", "Bird Never Flies", "I've Got You".

http://blueroom.att.com/mainstage/index.php

 
At May 21, 2007 11:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Heard "Angels..." for the first time last week and wasn't 100% sold on it. Since then have heard it a handful of times (it seems to keep popping up in the damnedest places).

In any event, the video is absolutely beautiful and makes the song totally work for me.

Looking at the scenes of the East Village make me want to head over to Tompkins Square Park right now and hang out.

I particularly loved the quick shot of the Joe Strummer mural.

Thanks Heather for yet again another GREAT post!

 
At May 21, 2007 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the first time I've seen a man wear makeup without looking like Bam Margera.





http://monkeybastard.blog.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter