I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Monday, April 16, 2007

Vedder surprise solo set at The Croc last night

Ed Vedder (didn't play - see note) a small surprise solo set last night at The Crocodile Cafe in Seattle. I ate breakfast there the last time I was in Seattle (mostly I was being a musical stalker, but in my defense I was also hungry and they make really good omelettes).

Some interesting cover choices, especially the Nick Cave one (which they've not previously done that I am aware of) and the awesome "Don't Wanna Grow Up." I can't wait to hear this boot --surely someone was taping it?

AMENDED: Someone with too much time on their hands seems to have made up this appearance, but I am leaving up the good mp3s and we can all close our eyes and pretend it happened anyway.


SETLIST
Happy Birthday (to guitarist Mike McCready's new baby girl)
I Don't Wanna Grow Up (Tom Waits/Ramones cover)
You're True
Can't Keep
cover/improv/new song?
Gone
Hide Your Love Away
(Beatles cover)
cover/improv/new song? (tag: Modern Girl/Sleater-Kinney)
Porch
Where The Wild Roses Grow (Nick Cave cover, duet with unknown female singer)


BONUS EAR CANDY
Here are some other live versions of a few of these great songs; this mp3 of "You're True" is one of my very favorite PJ boot songs ever:

You're True - Ed Vedder solo 2/26/02 @ Wiltern
Can't Keep - Ed Vedder solo 2/26/02 @ Wiltern
Gone - Pearl Jam @ 10/22/06 Bridge School
Modern Girl - Pearl Jam 9/20/06
You've Got To Hide Your Love Away - Ed Vedder solo 2005 Tsunami Benefit @ Wiltern
*

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At April 16, 2007 8:32 AM, Blogger shawn s. said...

"Happy Birthday (to guitarist Mike McCready's new baby girl)"

thats what I love so much about this band. They keep their private life PRIVATE.

for example...with the exeption of ed and matt. do any of the other guys have kids? married? etc?

i mean there is just no info. and that is so good.

 
At April 16, 2007 10:01 AM, Blogger Luke Mikalis said...

Heather - if you get these mp3s can you please post? Looks like Vedder is getting some practice in for his Hawaii shows coming up.

 
At April 16, 2007 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As always THANK YOU HEATHER!
Now we just have to find that boot somewhere.

Yep getting geared up for the Hawaii show, Lollapalooza, and the June European dates

 
At April 16, 2007 12:13 PM, Blogger heather said...

shawnstring - even though the show turns out to be fake, I believe Mike did indeed have a baby girl last week with wife Ashley. Pics of a very pregnant Ashley are here. Ed, of course, has a daughter who is 3 now I think (maybe 4?) with wife Jill, and drummer Matt has kids. I hear Stone's lady is expecting too. It's madness! But private madness. :) They refer to their wives, girlfriends, kids, etc in interviews but other than that it's easy to miss.

 
At April 16, 2007 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you make something like this up just to get bloggers to post it? People are weird.

 
At April 16, 2007 8:25 PM, Blogger heather said...

I sure as heckfire didn't make it up. I saw it on the PJ Message Forums, thought to myself, "Self, why would anyone MAKE UP a show?" and decided to post it as news when, apparently, it was a bit of delusional fiction.

Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter