I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Something old = something new from Nada Surf

Those guys on the very high lifeguard chairs are Brooklyn alternative-rock trio Nada Surf, and they may be up there talking about how they're fixin' to re-release their 1996 five song EP Karmic, from their days before signing with Elektra. Out June 12 on Hi-Speed Soul Records, the EP will also include a bonus track, "Pressure Free," previously only available on 7".

From the press release, "Nada Surf has managed to survive the wonder of their one big hit [Popular], build an estimable army of loyal fans around the world, and thrive through the commitment to the craft of making pop music that's indelible, warm, and uniquely their own." Amen, I second that sentence. Nada Surf is currently in the studio working in their 5th full-length album out this fall.

Pressure Free - Nada Surf

Labels:

2 Comments:

At April 12, 2007 7:32 PM, Blogger indie mom said...

Thanks for sharing - I love Nada Surf and I am looking forward to their next release!

 
At April 15, 2007 6:09 AM, Blogger Brendan said...

Ah, I remember Nada Surf were one of the first bands I saw, supporting the Vines back in erm 2001? Maybe 2002. They were really good, but I've not kept up with them since. Glad to see they're still around though. I'll have to dig out the album I bought at some point and catch up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter