I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Saturday, April 07, 2007

"great performance, but he could've at least put some pants on"

The subject line of this mini-post is a comment someone just left on the Tim Buckley video I uploaded on YouTube a while back. In the great fashion-choice-era of the late Sixties, Tim's wearing tight tan corduroys; I never noticed how hilarious that thought makes the performance of an otherwise dang purdy song:


And I ripped the audio awhile back for a pal -- may as well share here too since this is an ace version (better than the album version) of a great song.

Song To The Siren (on the Monkees TV show) - Tim Buckley

Labels:

5 Comments:

At April 07, 2007 3:46 PM, Blogger HB said...

Some pants would have been nice.

 
At April 08, 2007 9:06 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Pants, no pants,with a voice that Tim had, who cares. Trust me, listen to his catalog, the man COULD SING, Jeez, wonder where his son got his vocal chops from?

 
At April 09, 2007 12:55 PM, Blogger Silent 3 said...

Haven't listened to it yet. Is this the same Tim Buckley who did "Buzzin' Fly?"

Man I love that guy's voice.

 
At April 09, 2007 1:32 PM, Blogger heather said...

Silent 3, one and the same. Only one. Recommend the bio Dream Brother.

 
At December 27, 2007 11:23 AM, Blogger Webbie - FootieAndMusic said...

Just stumbled across this and sadly I have to report that YouTube have yanked the video.

Thank you then for ripping the audio.
It would have been nice to watch but at least I can hear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter