I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

New Fountains of Wayne (to which I say, who's Michael?)

Fountains of Wayne's fourth studio album, their first since 2003's excellent Welcome Interstate Managers, is due out on April 3rd. Titled Traffic and Weather, on first spin it sounds excellent with several insanely catchy tunes that really stand out for me as certain future stars of summer mixtapes for me.

I dismissed Fountains of Wayne when they first hit the scene (I don't know why) but lately I have been giving them a well-deserved second chance and I am loving their fetching pop sound and above-par songwriting.

NEW:
Michael and Heather At The Baggage Claim - Fountains of Wayne

Hackensack - Fountains of Wayne
(from Welcome Interstate Managers, mellow gold harmony bliss)

Radiation Vibe - Fountains of Wayne
(from their 1996 self-titled debut, and I want to sing this chorus all the livelong day)

Labels:

9 Comments:

At March 07, 2007 12:08 PM, Blogger c said...

"who's michael?" LOL. whoever he is, i bet he'll post here any second asking you to marry him.

 
At March 07, 2007 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with ya on Radiation Vibe. That CD having been removed from my possession (aka stolen) some time ago, I had kind of forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder. :)

 
At March 07, 2007 3:09 PM, Blogger Philco Brothers said...

The first album is the best.
She's Got A Problem, Sick Day ,etc.
Classic.
One of the most underrated albums ever.

 
At March 07, 2007 3:35 PM, Blogger Don't Need Anything said...

i find FoW to be very hit and miss, but ill be damned if Hackensack isnt one of the best songs of the last 10 years. seriously.

 
At March 07, 2007 4:09 PM, Blogger Roland said...

FoW never did much for me, but Adam Schlesinger is a really talented guy. Check out Ivy!

 
At March 07, 2007 7:12 PM, Blogger Frank said...

I love FOW - I've seen them a number of times and they're such cool guys. Did you listen to the whole album? I'm waiting impatiently for April 3!

 
At March 08, 2007 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, big ups for the Fountains of Wayne love. I still say that their first album is underrated pop genius.

 
At March 09, 2007 2:07 PM, Blogger Raydancer said...

Thanks for Radiation Vibe...I heard it on the radio a few days ago and it's been stuck in my head. I'm quite partial to the cover that Hem does of it...

 
At March 12, 2007 11:29 PM, Blogger El Gordo said...

I am very exited for Traffic and Weather, even though I've only heard two tracks. I'm hoping it does really well so that people realize that there's more to these guys that just "Stacy's Mom."

Side note, how do you post tracks like that? I can't figure it out, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter