I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Look ma! I'm a rock photographer!

If I could go back to my high school days and do one of those job shadow days again, instead of choosing a doctor or lawyer I'd pick to shadow a rock photographer. BUT WAIT. I recently got a glimpse of that good life, courtesy of Peter Ellenby, Noise Pop photographer extraordinaire, as you may recall.

Peter just sent me the results, and here are a few of the shots that I took with my own unsure hands. I think it's the coolest thing ever and love the way they turned out.



Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At March 27, 2007 9:41 PM, Blogger Yon said...

It sounds like you got to work with real film. Digital, for all their convenience (and you need them when you have kids), Digital is just not as much fun. Back in the day, I managed a rockabilly band and was a photographer.

Seeing your shots I realize I never made it from behind the sound board to take their pictures live... silly.

I bet you had fun.

 
At March 27, 2007 9:45 PM, Blogger heather said...

Yon: a *ridiculous* amount of fun. I was beaming in the afterglow for days.

 
At March 28, 2007 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First shot is a classic rock shot. Brilliant!

 
At March 28, 2007 2:32 AM, Blogger el walto said...

Love the shots! They definitely make me want to return to my art school days. For me, black and white will always add a timelessness to an image that color cannot match.

 
At March 28, 2007 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, love your blog...u're doing great work...here's smth i think u should listen to...it's new silverchair's single..

http://stream.ifolder.ru/1505659

 
At March 28, 2007 7:42 AM, Blogger mysterymoor said...

I love the first one, good job! I think you should continue with it :)

 
At March 28, 2007 8:57 AM, Blogger -tom said...

Nice shots Heather !
Especially the first one.

 
At March 28, 2007 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are digital...set on the B&W setting with a portrait lens so it almost looks like film.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter