I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Friday, March 09, 2007

I'm so excited, I'm so excited . . . I'm so scared

I am starting a campaign to singlehandedly bring back the thong-leotard over cropped leggings look, with waterfall permed bangs. And I think we can do it, with fodder like this gem:



Man alive, I used to watch that show every day after school and the bad(d) fashion was invisible to me at the time. Likely because I looked the same. I was reminded of this jaunt down memory lane by a most excellent shirt I was recently discussing with my sister. Ah, SBTB. How you instruct me on life. To this day, I've still never used caffeine pills to help study for a test, even if it means that I'll never get into Stanford. And for that, I have Jessie Spano to thank.

5 Comments:

At March 09, 2007 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I was stopping by to find the post on Mason Jenning's from a while back, but thanks for the trip down memory lane. I've always told people this is the single greatest half-hour of television for unintentional comedy (and the life lesson about not getting hooked on caffeine...whoops [sipping from third cup of coffee]).

 
At March 09, 2007 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear god almighty! Saved By The Bell was brilliant.. god bless the eighties for making it ok to look like an alien who just stole the outfits of all of the Village People!
there were so many awful good sitcoms like that.. Parker Lewis was one of my favourite although that bares a bit more quality.

 
At March 09, 2007 9:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

When I first saw Scrubs I thought that it was like Parker Lewis grew up and got a job.

 
At March 09, 2007 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a time...now the doctors might give her some ritalin. But that'd be totally different.

Anyway, despite that bit of cynicism, I did enjoy this. Thanks.

 
At March 12, 2007 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah -- that's exactly what happens when you take caffeine pills ;) Oh please!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter