I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I remember when I was 14 and Vedder jumped on stage with me and my band, too. No, wait.

From Page Six, NY Post
March 13, 2007 -- When your parents are Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins, you get first dibs on the jam sessions with Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam. Saturday night, the celeb couple's son, Miles Robbins, 14, played with his band, The Tangents, at Bar East, on First Avenue and 90th Street. Vedder came as a guest of Sarandon and Robbins, and "Eddie jumped onstage and joined the band for a couple of songs, including a hot cover of 'Watchtower,' " said our spy. "Tim was directing traffic, and the place was full of teenagers who were invited by the Robbins family."

In all, Vedder provided vocals for three songs: Blitzkreig Bop (Ramones), Rockin In The Free World (Neil Young) and All Along The Watchtower (Dylan). And the band themselves, The Tangents, are pretty good -- check the MySpace link above. Frickin how do you top an experience like that at 14? That never happened in my freshman-year world. Unfortunately.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At March 20, 2007 8:27 PM, Blogger Heather said...

i'm so jealous! very cool.

 
At March 21, 2007 9:18 AM, Blogger Rinjo Njori said...

Most people's parent's friends would embarass us if they tried the same thing.

 
At March 21, 2007 9:47 AM, Blogger heather said...

Oh, touche. I laughed out loud.

 
At March 21, 2007 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That bar is about 50 feet from my apartment, I pass it constantly. I can't believe I could miss something like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter