I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Friday, February 16, 2007

"Welcome to my life, tattoo / We've a long time together, me and you"

No, I didn't get a tattoo myself, but the What Would Jesus Blog looks at folks crazier than me who have emblazoned themselves with band-related tats to profess their love for all to see, for the rest of their lives. No Pearl Jam stickman for me (as Jesus conjectures in his fabulous post), but I have fleetingly considered something music-oriented, very loosely related to Pearl Jam. But it'll probably never happen because I don't want to be an 82 year-old gramma with a bitchin tat on my back to show the other old ladies at the retirement center under our floral mu-muus. That just depresses me.

Read: I Bear The Scars, What Would Jesus Blog
Favorites are the U2 chords tattooed around the arm (cool idea) and the Elliott Smith XO. My roomie in college had a huuuuge Smashing Pumpkins tattoo on her hip from Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, and I wonder what she thinks about that now (hi Tricia!). The Smiths lyrics across the pelvis tattoo is kind of depressing, and how about those Bjork lyrics in Braille inked on that girl's back? Madness.

Tattoo - The Who

PS - Judging by the opening picture to his post, I'd say Jesus has a little crush on me. That's okay. It's mutual.

6 Comments:

At February 16, 2007 8:59 AM, Blogger wwjblog said...

*blush*

ok, so maybe i do have human-crush, but that sort of goes for all of you down there. however, you DO realize that tat says "father" and not "heather", right?!!

 
At February 16, 2007 9:05 AM, Blogger heather said...

Awwww, man! I was hoping that it was me permanently emblazoned on the Steven-Seagal-lookalike-Jesus picture. You have to admit, it looks like it says Heather, and I am not just full of it. (Well, maybe on some things)

:)

 
At February 16, 2007 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad as it may sound, I'd love a band tattoo. But it would have to be something subtle, and my imagination has drawn a blank.

I totally thought that said Heather as well.

 
At February 16, 2007 10:34 AM, Blogger Tim Frederick said...

If I was going to pull the trigger on a rock n' roll tat, it would have to be this classic Clash image (I'd probably leave off "The Clash" to save some room on my bicep:

http://londonsburning.org/pic_know_your_rights_a.jpg

 
At February 16, 2007 10:48 AM, Blogger c said...

i would never make fun of someone's permanently tattooed body. but damn, some of those tats were awful.

 
At February 17, 2007 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Customize your car, fix up your dwelling, give yourself a makeover, but don't get a tattoo. When something is trendy and mass-popular, walk away.

jack

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter