I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, January 25, 2007

More music and photography

Reader Michael sent me this mp3 after reading the last post about rock photography, and I loved it, the soundtrack to a photo shoot:

"I was just checking out your blog about the photo contest and it reminded me of one of my favorite bootleg moments of all time. It's a recording of Paul McCartney playing some songs for Linda McCartney as she's shooting some pictures. You can hear her shutter clicking while she encourages him to keep playing, sometimes singing along sweetly. Paul is game, but he grows increasingly impatient with the process. It's so intimate, I love it . . ."


Photoshoot Medley - Paul McCartney

4 Comments:

At January 25, 2007 11:42 AM, Blogger Ledbelly said...

How wonderful...

 
At January 25, 2007 1:42 PM, Blogger Frank said...

I hate to disavow people of the romantic notion that this is some sort of intimate, candid moment between the McCartneys, but -- sorry! -- it's not. This is one of the early vignettes from a network TV special called "James Paul McCartney" that aired on ABC in 1973 or so. I watched it as a kid, and got a bootleg DVD of the show about 6 months ago. It's a neat clip, no doubt, but it's not a private moment -- in fact, seeing as how it was carefully staged and filmed in a TV studio for millions of viewers to see, it's anything but. Cool acoustic medley of hits, though.

 
At January 25, 2007 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Frank, way to suck the life right out of this post. ;) Kidding. Great track, what the hey, I'm sticking with Heather's version just the same. Way more fun.

 
At January 26, 2007 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can somebody tell me why that James Paul McCartney special is not on DVD? I wonder if parts are on YouTube, hmm...

Bruce K.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter