I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Sunday, December 31, 2006

What a year for a new year

I've been shoveling snow all afternoon and holy moley -- it is tough. Gratifying and good hard work, but I have an oozing blister on my thumb and I think my arms and legs may actually fall off. We're going out for (several) margaritas after my hours of no-joking slave labor, then over to some friends' house to ring in 2007.

Last year I posted up a New Year's mix, and I was listening to it while assembling some Trader Joe's brownies (imported in the luggage from California, since Colorado is TJs-forsaken) for the fiesta this evening. One of my favorite songs from that mix is "Up All Night," which seemed appropriate to belt this afternoon, perhaps because of the victorious refrain "When the roads are clear, we'll head on outta here," a nod to my savage clearing of the 3 foot drifts in the driveway. Plus, you know, there's the 'up all night' business:

Up All Night - Counting Crows


And a few others for your end-of-the-year enjoyment:

Next Year, Baby - Jamie Cullum

This Could Be My Moment - The Verve

Start Again - Teenage Fanclub

2 Comments:

At December 31, 2006 6:45 PM, Blogger bigmac said...

Happy New Year!!! Heather. And thanks for all the great music this past year.

 
At January 01, 2007 5:51 PM, Blogger Mark said...

hi heather - just want to say thanks for your most excellent blog. you've introduced me to some great music this past yr (i love the a brokedown melody soundtrack), and i've also enjoyed your writing. keep up the awesomeness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter