I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Friday, December 15, 2006

We're gettin' The Band back together, dude

Via Stereogum, news of a forthcoming tribute album to The Band called Endless Highway (Jan 2007) that I've been streaming all morning over at the 429 Records site, enjoying tunes like:

[Stream]
Ophelia - ALO
Look Out Cleveland - Jackie Greene
Rocking Chair - Death Cab For Cutie
Whispering Pines - Jakob Dylan
Life Is A Carnival - Trevor Hall


And you'll get a version of this one with MMJ (but the album version ain't got no Vedder)

It Makes No Difference - My Morning Jacket with Ed Vedder
(live in Pistoia, Italy - 9/20/06)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At December 15, 2006 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just worked on stuff for a 2 disc "America" greatest hits/new album collection (horse with no name, lonely people, etc)

I mention it because the entire second disc is new songs collaborating with Ryan Adams, Toad the wett sproket, lots of great alt rockers!!!! I am just as suprised as you... but I'll be picking it up

:) jv

 
At December 15, 2006 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one else on that album can hold a candle to Joe Henry.

 
At December 17, 2006 6:34 PM, Blogger Leah [Not Basic] said...

Awesome, I'm a huge fan of the Band.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter