I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Wednesday links

Just taking a break from my Christmas cookie baking bonanza on my day off (7 dozen. Seriously.) to relay a few bits of news to you . . .

1. Check out my guest post today over on I Guess I'm Floating as I try to help Nathaniel and Connor survive the onslaught of finals and still run a class-act blog.

2. Jesus emailed me this morning with the jubilant subject line: "pearl jam sighting! pearl jam sighting!" with a link to this trailer for the new Adam Sandler/Don Cheadle movie wherein Sandler reprises the mopeyness of his Punch Drunk Love character while channeling the fashion spirit of Bob Dylan:



Yep, I've never heard that one, a brand new Pearl Jam cover of The Who's "Love, Reign o'er Me" (from Quadrophenia) with one of the best Vedder screams laid down in quite a while. Thanks, Son of God!

[mp3 audio clip, ripped from trailer]
Love, Reign o'er Me - Pearl Jam


3. Aquarium Drunkard's year-end top list is fantastic. Every time I read it, I want to edit mine to add some of the fantastic albums that he remembered and I missed. Check it out for all the ones I could have just as easily picked.


I'm off to eat maybe one more cookie while they are still warm. When will the internet gain the ability to pipe smells? Because oh that you could enjoy the peanutty goodness of the scents here today. My little brother Brian flies in to town tomorrow (after finally graduating from college!) and he must be feted appropriately, with masses of baked goods.

7 Comments:

At December 13, 2006 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heather,
it don't get no class-acter than you, baby! Uh, have I been listening to too much funk lately?

 
At December 13, 2006 3:31 PM, Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

yer too sweet. speaking of bands, I left out quite a few on mine that i keep bumping into on other lists. one of them is Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin. i listened to the hell outta that record. Did you get that one?

 
At December 13, 2006 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a coincidence. I was just listening to Quadrophenia last night.

 
At December 13, 2006 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa. that clip is NOT enough. how freaking awesome is that? you've had the best pj hook-up lately, i just gotta say. thanks! i meant to comment on the post with hawaii '78 and didn't get around to it, but i was at the pj and U2 show and i have to say, it was truly an amazing moment.

 
At December 14, 2006 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can keep your Oasis and Damien Rice lithographs. The next competition should be a box set of vacuum packed cookies.

 
At December 14, 2006 1:52 PM, Blogger heather said...

Hmmmm, Matt. Interesting idea....

;)

 
At January 02, 2007 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that scream is AWESOME. can't wait to hear the whole song.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter