I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Friday, December 08, 2006

New Christmas tune from Mike Mills (R.E.M.) and Sally Ellyson (Hem)

With everyone's top lists popping up all over the place and Hem's album Funnel Cloud on many (and R.E.M. always on mine) I thought this new Christmas single for charity could use a little shout-out:

Mike Mills of R.E.M. and Sally Ellyson from Hem have recorded as new song as a benefit for kids this holiday season. It’s available right now on iTunes for 99 cents, all proceeds benefiting the Red Apple Foundation.

You can hear a sample of the tune on their MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/redapplehelpskids. It is a cover of a Big Star song ("Jesus Christ"), so you know you've got some great power pop right there. Check it out, I think you'll like it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter