I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Mason Jennings hearts Toni Morrison; In related news, so do I

From a Q&A Session with acoustic singer-songwriter/rad dude Mason Jennings:

Q. Luke Agnini from Philadelphia, PA asks...
Mason, I'm very curious about where the lyrics to 'Adrian' stem from. Very powerful song. Cheers, Luke

A. Mason writes...
Hey Luke,That song just sort of happened after I read Beloved by Toni Morrison. The song isn't about the book but I wanted to tap into the feeling that she gave me. She is awesome.


Yes, Mason. Darn straight she is. One of my favorites, a master.


Adrian - Mason Jennings

Recommended reading: Beloved

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter