I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Verve EP (1992)

The first studio release from The Verve (way before Richard Ashcroft went solo, started sampling Curtis Mayfield, and volunteering at youth centers in a drunken haze) was the self-titled EP in 1992 (on Hut Records). It's a swirly, ethereal bit of Brit-rock shoegaze history.

There are five songs on this EP, which clocks in at a lengthy 31 minutes (thanks to songs like the ten-minute opus "Feel"). Four of the 5 songs were never re-recorded or released on any Verve album. It's a must-have for Verve completists, or for those of us who could use some spacey psychedelic music every now and then.


Gravity Grave - The Verve

A Man Called Sun - The Verve

She's A Superstar - The Verve

Endless Life - The Verve

Feel - The Verve

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 18, 2006 1:41 AM, Blogger Ed said...

Oh brilliant! I have these on vinyl, so thank you! Great as the Urban Hymns era stuff is, I just always perferred the stuff on the first few singles up to and including the A Storm in Heaven album.

I always look forward to checking out this blog, give mine a look if you haven't already! Ed

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter