I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, November 09, 2006

"Someone told me it's all happening at the zoo..."

Gratuitous "look what I did yesterday" post, but it was a balmy 78 degrees here, an absolutely gorgeous day to visit our fantastic Cheyenne Mountain Zoo for the first time. These pics I took of the animals made me laugh. Thought they might make you smile too. Loosely correlated tunes at the end.




"At The Zoo" - Simon & Garfunkel

"Wild World" (Cat Stevens cover) - The Format

"Tiger Man" - Elvis Presley

"Lions" - Pete Yorn (from the Westerns EP)

"Monkey" - Bush

5 Comments:

At November 09, 2006 10:26 AM, Blogger c said...

wow. you must be a giant. eye to eye with a giraffe. gratuitouszoophotos.com. very nice ;)

 
At November 10, 2006 12:03 AM, Blogger Idaho Dad said...

Oh, I love that zoo... They have the feeding area up high so you can get up close and personal with the giraffes, right? I seem to remember being licked by one of them. Ugh.

 
At November 10, 2006 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That giraffe shot is excellent. Almost comical, cartoonish!

 
At November 10, 2006 8:47 AM, Blogger heather said...

Thanks groovyf! I took about 15 pics of the giraffes, they are so amazing close-up, HUUUUGE brown eyes, soft skin, these long purple tongues. Best part of our zoo.

 
At November 11, 2006 9:57 AM, Blogger D. said...

Also recommended: Flaming Lips, "Christmas at the Zoo"; Don McLean: "On the Amazon" (a vocabulary bestiary) and NRBQ: "Down at the Zoo"

-- I freakin' love The Format. And "Rain"! Ever since I lost my copy of Past Masters I've wanted to hear that again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter