I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Bridge Collection now on iTunes

It took some clicking around, but I finally found the 80 Bridge School Benefit performances from the last 20 years that were added to iTunes yesterday. Interesting choices, and no Trent Reznor. In fact, nothing that I can see from this year (but each track unfortunately doesn't list the date of the performance). And they misspelled Thom Yorke's name.

Some surprises: four from Ben Harper (who is luminous in concert -- a man possessed), two great ones from Bright Eyes, forgotten gem "I've Been High" from R.E.M.'s 2001 Reveal album, and "The Nearness of You" by Norah Jones (which is my grandparents' song, the same ones who used to ride around the mail truck together incognito). I hope these tracks sell well, as some of the proceeds go to support the work of the Bridge School, and mostly I hope there are more to come - just think of the thousands of cuts sitting in the archives, waiting...

4 Comments:

At November 22, 2006 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
Is this collection only available on itunes? Quite an amazing collection of artists. I tried to look it up on Amazon but it isnt featured on either the .com or .co.uk sites.

 
At November 22, 2006 6:17 PM, Blogger heather said...

Yes, I believe it is only on iTunes US for now. Sorry!

 
At November 23, 2006 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I got it today from i-tunes Luxembourg. I had CD The Bridge School Concerts Vol. 1, and this is the first time I've seen anything else from there. One track was duplicated from that CD: "The Road's My Middle Name" with Bonnie Raitt, so the CD is worth having as well.

 
At November 27, 2006 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it's of no interest for anyone but this is the first time a Metallica song is available to purchase through iTunes here in Europe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter