I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Brandi Carlile: Recent concert video

Fresh from the studio recording her sophomore album with T Bone Burnett, Brandi Carlile passed through Denver last week on her current tour with Shawn Colvin. I've seen Brandi twice before, and as you may recall was thoroughly impressed by this twenty-something with a huge and expressive voice. The show did not disappoint, and this time I was able to take some video to share.

"Hallelujah"
(cover of Jeff Buckley's take on the Leonard Cohen classic)
Got chills taping it, got chills again watching it. Man alive can she wail with that emotion. [direct link to video if embed doesn't work]

"Tragedy" with cello accompaniment
(a gorgeous song featured on Grey's Anatomy)


Other videos that I took that night can be found on YouTube ("What Can I Say" & "Throw It All Away" by Carlile, and "Fill Me Up" & "Polaroids" from Colvin), and the Sweet Oblivion blog has an older studio EP from Brandi available. Look for her new album in Spring 2007.

Oh, and can I share the most unnecessary sign ever posted in a concert venue? Remember this was Brandi Carlile and SHAWN COLVIN:

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At November 11, 2006 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like her jeans! Oh. . .

 
At November 18, 2006 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks SO much for sharing your Brandi videos. I can't wait to see her live some day.

 
At November 20, 2006 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting these video clips. I just saw Brandi with Shawn Colvin last week and she blew me away! Anyone who has the chance should see her live.

 
At November 24, 2006 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for video. It’s rocking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter