I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

New Pearl Jam photo book (5x1) FINALLY available

I love it when Pearl Jam reads my mind. Just yesterday it occured to me that there was a book of live Pearl Jam photographs (5x1, by Seattle photographer and long-time friend of the band Lance Mercer) that was supposed to come out this past Spring, but that I never heard a peep about it following the initial announcement. I went trolling the web to no avail.

Then just today I was alerted that the book is now (finally) available. It's 180 pages of concert and tour photos, like the Place/Date book (1998) which I own and love to leaf through. The price is a bit steep ($40!) but it's got commentary from Pete Townshend, Bruce Springsteen, Michael Stipe, Gloria Steinem, Howard Zinn, Cameron Crowe, Kelly Slater and more, so I will more likely than not end up coughing up the dough to buy it.

I'm just a girl who can't say no when it comes to Pearl Jam.

Check it out here.


PearlJamOnline.it is a supercool Italian fansite with great downloads. Check out the rar/zip file of the best of the European 2006 tour. It'll be on this page with the link that says "File zippato." I love Italian.

And I've got two cool posts coming later today once EZArchive stops balking at doing its uploading duty. Same old, same old, I know. See you later.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At October 11, 2006 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try
http://www.streamload.com/

 
At October 11, 2006 9:54 PM, Blogger c said...

i was going to mention after reading your paolo post that you definitely do love italians. even when they are scottish ;) but then you mentioned it for me, so now my comment is just redundant. yep.

 
At October 11, 2006 10:02 PM, Blogger heather said...

yes, observant c gets the gold star. thank you my dear for noticing. I lived in Italy for a semester in college and am destined to spend the rest of my life wishing i could relocate there. maybe I will! i speak some wicked italian, and by wicked i mean "really bad now because i am forgetting more each day." ;)

 
At October 12, 2006 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you never fail me on the PJ links...I have been looking for that Tom Waits cover without having to buy another whole show...it adds up.

Thanks!

Charlie Dugan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter