I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Friday, October 13, 2006

New from Jackie Greene: The Skinny Singers

Sacramento (Calif) songster Jackie Greene (whose American Myth album is just fantastic, and who you can see on some video I shot here) has formed a new band with Tim Bluhm (of Mother Hips). They are called the Skinny Singers (garage/country) for, as they say, "obvious reasons." As their little MySpace profile says, "Together, they represent a musical force that is awe inspiring. They are also very skinny." Take a listen:

"California Way" - Skinny Singers

"Down In The Valley" - Skinny Singers

My personal favorite of the three songs from them is only streaming on the site. It is called "Singing My Way To The Grave" and you can stream it here.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At October 16, 2006 9:00 PM, Blogger Jason Warburg said...

Hey now... glad to see the props for Jackie Greene, but he's from Sacramento, not the Bay Area. It's not like we have rock stars coming out of our ears, so we take pride in the ones we've produced!

Jason W.
Sacramento, CA

 
At October 17, 2006 9:53 AM, Blogger heather said...

Thanks, Jason. I did know that but I kind of over-extended the term Bay Area - fixed now! Props where props are due! Thanks.

 
At October 18, 2006 12:50 AM, Blogger Eliza said...

If you are still in the area this weekend, Mother Hips are playing at Moe's Alley in Santa Cruz on Friday, the 20th.

 
At October 18, 2006 9:10 AM, Blogger heather said...

thanks Eliza!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter