I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Friday, September 22, 2006

Take me out to the ballgame (but I wish it were the Giants)

Just a quick note as I dash out the door on this (rainy) Friday afternoon to go potentially freeze my butt off at a Rockies game up in Denver with my sister tonight. I've been looking for a reason to post up this mp3 of Eddie Vedder singing the old baseball classic, and jumped for joy when I realized today was the day:

"Take Me Out To The Ballgame" - Eddie Vedder
From 5-14-06
with a special Mother's Day dedication for the mamas
(Link updated 9-26)


I really want to root, root, root for the home team now that I have relocated to Colorado, but I secretly miss the San Francisco Giants like nobody's business. Whether it was the old cheapie bleacher seats my family used to regularly occupy when they played at Candlestick Park, or the beautiful sunny days spent at the new Pac Bell Park with some garlic fries, a cold beer, and the view of the Bay, all is well in my world when I am rooting for *my* home team.

Sigh.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At September 22, 2006 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then come back home!

 
At September 22, 2006 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I left my heart in San Francisco.

Yay, for the Giants! I was born in San Francisco, but I'm currently residing in Stockton. Luckily, I'm not terribly far away from the Bay Area!

 
At September 23, 2006 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's go Yankees...
Hey, I went to many-o-games in the 80's were the Yankees were just bad. I am no fair weather fan at all...
Nothing like watching a game live.
I was lucky enogh to catch a playoff game in Arizona a few years ago...NICE ball park!!

Pick up GREG GRAFFIN's (Bad Religion) new solo cd yet??
"Cold as Clay". Really good. I would never guess this type of music from him.

Peace.

 
At September 24, 2006 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I left my steroids in San Francisco.

What a pitiful route the team has gone. Once a storied franchise, now a joke for the rest of the league. (The undying support the fans give for Barroid doesn't help the image any better.)

 
At September 24, 2006 11:27 PM, Blogger heather said...

I don't give Barry any kind of undying support, I don't care much for him. But when you've grown up loving a team, I think you kind of see that the team is bigger than the individual players that come and go.

 
At September 26, 2006 12:41 PM, Blogger THE MERKIN MAN said...

Aww, too bad the Giants got eliminated from the playoffs yesterday.

I'm just teasing you since my team (Braves)got eliminated too.

Love your blog.

 
At September 26, 2006 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather - could you repost Take Me Out ...? The yousendit link reached the hit limit.

Thanks.

 
At September 26, 2006 2:08 PM, Blogger heather said...

Merkin Man, teasing accepted, although I am still defiantly wearing my Giants tanktop today in honor. And yes, the Rockies defeated your boys, the Braves, last week at the game I was at. So we can commisserate together.

Ah baseball, you heartbreaking SOB you.


Dan, I reupped the link for you.

 
At September 28, 2006 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, darlin'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter