I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Oh, it's so bad. I can't watch.

My eyes are on the verge of bleeding. I don't know what's worse, the side ponytail or the fact that they've just stripped all the sly humor out of this glorious dance. Ice dancing to OK Go's "A Million Ways": it's almost like a Craig and Arianna skit gone wrong.




There are 18 positive, glowing comments on the YouTube page for this video, and nary a dissenter. Am I just missing something? Holy lord.

5 Comments:

At September 19, 2006 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how painful. i guess it just goes to show you that no matter what music you put it to, ice dancing is not cool.

 
At September 19, 2006 11:01 PM, Blogger heather said...

yeah, that's kind of what I try to tell my parents EVERY TIME the Olympics rolls around and their world summarily ceases for the ice dancing routines. maybe it;s the sequins? I don't know.

 
At September 20, 2006 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If nothing else, you do have to admit that it is funny.

Strange...but funny

 
At September 20, 2006 4:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes this is weird, I swear there was one part where the guy was doing the chicken dance!

 
At September 21, 2006 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It reminds me of the Fatboy Slim video for "Praise You" with the added complexity of ice. The pony on the side is a great touch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter