I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Friday, September 15, 2006

A Beatle in your mailbox

(n.b. - I am hoping that maybe one of my fantastic British readers will take the time in January to send me a postcard with one of these bad boys affixed to the right corner, and subsequently make my day?

You guys get the best stamps. I bought some which artfully illustrated vegetables yesterday.)

From the news reels:

September 13, 2006
LONDON -- The Royal Mail is saluting the Beatles in January by releasing six commemorative stamps illustrated with memorable album covers.

The set includes ran image of "With the Beatles," released in 1963, which was the group's second album. In the United States, it was the first Beatles album to be released and was titled "Meet the Beatles!"

Others in the series include "Help!" (1965), "Revolver" (1966), "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" (1967), "Abbey Road" (1969) and "Let It Be" (1970).


(Waaaiiiit for it . . . )



"Please Mister Postman (alternate take)" - The Beatles


5 Comments:

At September 15, 2006 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey those U.S. vegetable stamps are pretty cool in a weird way. But I would rather have the Beatles ones.

Bruce K

 
At September 15, 2006 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in London. I'll send you the stamps, of course! I owe you after all the great music you've posted. The minute they're out, they're on their way. I promise.

 
At September 15, 2006 7:12 PM, Blogger Bill-DC said...

I really like that alternative version of Please Mr. Postman. Thank you for posting this!

 
At September 18, 2006 3:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John is IN my ear in this version. I love it. Thank you

 
At September 20, 2006 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What info do you have on this version? Please contact: www.freewebs.com/jakasso eMail is there. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter